Sunday, March 30, 2014

Medusa Rising

Well, finally, here I am again. I believe Medusa is finally complete. Talked with a singer/ bass player this morning and there was a mutual excitement between the 2 of us. I don't want to jinx it by mentioning any names so until we have had a couple of rehearsals together to see how we gel, but I am almost positive this guy will make us complete. It has been quite a while of sending emails to people listed on craigslist and bandmix with no results whatsoever. But sometimes in this day and age it takes a year or 2 to get the right people. Back in 1973 when Kim, Lee and I were together in the garage practicing one night a stranger showed up, said he liked what he heard and wanted to manage us. Next time he came by he asked if we wanted a girl singer/guitar player. Donna who became the singer/guitar player was sunning herself on the beach in Chicago when some guy came by and started a conversation. When they talked about music his buddy came up in the conversation and next thing Donna met him who was a keyboard player and asked Donna if she wanted to join a band. Next thing you know she is in the band. Then we found Pete, our singer, in the Illinois entertainer newspaper and he joined. It was just that easy. But getting a musician nowadays you need to meet all of these requirements, almost like finding a job and filling out an application. One female singer said in her add please now one over 40. One guy wanted us to be symphonic rock, and on and on. When I talked with this new guy he listened to the album we have and that was that. It was as easy as the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment